- Reservations are facilitated through the website of Egypt-Liveaboard if the operator is available.
- Our services are rendered accessible to the guests, and no additional fees or charges will be imposed. The operator pays a commission to Egypt-Liveaboard for every reservation made through our website.
- Egypt-Liveaboard is responsible for the accurate execution of the reservation process but shall not be held accountable for the product offered by the operator.
- In certain circumstances, additional information may be required (including passport copies, proof of insurance coverage, health certificates, flight details, etc.). If the guest fails to provide such information, Egypt-Liveaboard reserves the right to cancel the reservation by the applicable booking policy for the specific reservation.
- Egypt-Liveaboard will try to help guests in need during their trip, but we won’t be responsible for such services.
- If guests find themselves in challenging circumstances during their trip, Egypt-Liveaboard will assist to the best of our ability but shall not be held accountable for such services.
- Customers are responsible for purchasing their own travel and dive insurance, ensuring its covers unforeseen circumstances and adventure travel-related risks to be protected in case of dive/sports accidents or any unexpected events or circumstances.
- The customers themselves are responsible to meet the passport, visa, and health requirements to enter the country.
- If for any reason you are delayed in transit and fail to reach a trip or the boat by the scheduled time of departure, you will be responsible for all costs involved in catching up with the boat, staying at onshore accommodations, alternative diving arrangements, etc. We advise you to travel at least a day early and have an extra day on land before the day of the return flight. The “Egypt-Liveaboard team” will try to help guests in need during that situation, but we won’t be responsible for such services.
- Guests are responsible to meet the health and disability requirements defined by the operator and make sure they are in good shape by conducting a health checkup by a healthcare professional if they book a diving trip.
- Guests must notify us in writing at the time of booking of any physical or mental illness, disability, or other conditions for which special accommodations or the use of a wheelchair is necessary or contemplated.
- Participating in diving activities requires certification by organizations such as “PADI / SSI” to make sure you have all the necessary skills for safety and enjoyment during a diving trip. The customers themselves are responsible to meet the minimum required logged dives standard of each diving trip. Guests are responsible to get relevant and appropriate training before going on any trip.
- We advise visitors to bring their diving equipment since doing so will enhance the diving experience. To avoid being unable to dive for a full day, we do suggest that guests get a spare second diving computer.
Egypt-Liveaboard provides intermediary services and charges a fee according to the operator. The reservation forms a binding agreement between the guest and the operator, with Egypt-Liveaboard not party to such an agreement.